1970's Vanguard 470 free for taking

Discussion in '470 Classified Ads' started by gbwhite, Sep 16, 2016.

1. gbwhite

gbwhite New Member

City:
    Brunswick
    State:
    Maine
    Cost:
    Free
    I have an older 70's hull, center board, rudder (made a new tiller.. should get a new one), mast , boom, sail and standing rigging. Not much in deck fittings left, lost in move.... Kids never stayed with it...
    The port side hull flange about mid ship is dinged, about a 2" length needs repair. Started sanding down hull for new epoxy coating but not finished sanding by any means.
    Someone that is up to a project boat would benefit.
    Can get some photo's of hull and name plate with hull number if interested.
    Free for the taking.

2. jhchughes

jhchughes New Member

Is the boat on a trailer? I am extremely interested.

3. gbwhite

gbwhite New Member

That old trailer isnt road worthy right now. Where are you?

4. jhchughes

jhchughes New Member

I'm in Boston... Sadly, I also have a barely road-worthy trailer... I am still interested, though!

5. gbwhite

gbwhite New Member

I have a new trailer for my grand-lake canoe that will tow that boat no problem, I would be willing to meet you somewhere??
    Problem is, the boat is at a family camp on a lake and those roads do not get plowed in the winter.
    Im not sure when I will have time to get up there but it may be socked in until spring..... if you are willing to wait.
    OR
    I could fix that trailer in the spring ( tail light, grease bearings, replace dry rotted tires) and she should be good to go but I would want a fair price for the trailer.
    The boat you can have.... it needs too much work.
    The trailer is a early 2000's galvanized ez-loader trailer (all galvanized metal is pristine due to fresh water use only). The bearings (bearing buddies) just need to be greased. The STBD tail light is smashed, need to replace it. The winch strap is just ok, the winch strap hook is corroded but it works.... Myself... I would get new winch assy from ez-loader.
    If you want me to go up there and get it before the snow gets too deep (if you desperately need a winter project) you would have to drive up to Portland to meet me and transfer the boat to your rig. Or wait till spring for the boat or boat and trailer (trailer for fair price)
    So let me know what you want to do.

6. pbr3232

pbr3232 New Member

Long time ago but I live near and have a trailer. Thank you