1978 Super Sunfish w/trailer

Gunksman

I'm the original owner of a 1978 Super Sunfish. Original sail by North, rig, rudder, center board. I replaced the two traveler end plug fittings. Everything is in mint condition and very clean-- used several dozen times or more all in fresh water, no leaks, always stored in a garage. The hull is in beautiful shape, just repaired two small chips on the bottom, virtually scratch-free. Has original brass self bailer. All lines are in perfect condition and I have a second set that has never been used including vang and mainsheet blocks and deck clam cleats. All lines and center board are stored in the original storage bag which is also in mint condition.
I refurbished a 1990s trailer 2 years ago with all new wiring, lights, rollers, bunks, wheels, safety chain, paint... I'll include a small wooden paddle which is also in mint condition.
I really don't want to part with it, but I've not found time to put it in the water more than a few times in the past decades and only once since the refurbished trailer (which never got wet). If you were to list it for sale, what would be the asking price?

Sounds like a beauty! If the sail is original it should be a Ratsey Lapthorne sail. If it still looks mint after 45 years I’d be impressed! The North racing sail came out in 1989.
Pics of a colorful sail in good shape are the first thing to attract most buyers.
Do you have registration paperwork for the trailer? Price goes up if you do! Registering a trailer without a VIN and info on prior registered owner is nearly impossible in CT (I live here too!)
You have the “new style” rudder, so I’d say you could get anywhere from $1,200-$1,600 for your boat and trailer as described. Prices are all over the place on FB Marketplace and craigslist, many way over what they’re worth, in my opinion. I’ve sold at least 20 Sunfish.

I think that Breeze Bender is off with respect to the sail. This thread is about a Super Sunfish, not a Sunfish.
An asking price around $2000 seems about right to me as well (with the trailer).
Is the traveler bar up front in good shape?

I think that Breeze Bender is off with respect to the sail. This thread is about a Super Sunfish, not a Sunfish.
An asking price around $2000 seems about right to me as well (with the trailer).
You’re right, Wavedancer. I missed the Super.

Sounds like a beauty! If the sail is original it should be a Ratsey Lapthorne sail. If it still looks mint after 45 years I’d be impressed! The North racing sail came out in 1989.
Pics of a colorful sail in good shape are the first thing to attract most buyers.
Do you have registration paperwork for the trailer? Price goes up if you do! Registering a trailer without a VIN and info on prior registered owner is nearly impossible in CT (I live here too!)
You have the “new style” rudder, so I’d say you could get anywhere from $1,200-$1,600 for your boat and trailer as described. Prices are all over the place on FB Marketplace and craigslist, many way over what they’re worth, in my opinion. I’ve sold at least 20 Sunfish.
The sail is original and is a North, completely white, blue fish logo, with clear window. Maybe not "racing"? The rudder is original. The trailer is registered-- i had to go through hoops to get it done.

The traveler is perfect. I replaced both end plugs.

Back