2016 Capri 14.2 Nationals

Tuning my new to me 93 for my 14 year old to drive at the nationals.

Winds expected at 7-10 mpg from start to finish and a bit lighter at 6-8 on Sunday. Should have no problems getting our 5 races in Sat and maybe 4 short ones on Sunday.

Tuning my new to me 93 for my 14 year old to drive at the nationals.

Winds expected at 7-10 mpg from start to finish and a bit lighter at 6-8 on Sunday. Should have no problems getting our 5 races in Sat and maybe 4 short ones on Sunday.

I have 93 as well! .... just waiting for the water to warm up a bit here in Ontario :)

Some pictures or a video of the races would be a treat for us ;)

I should have both GoPro cameras going at some points during both days. Right after this is the High School Championships in the same boats, same location. There was a fella that got some great drone footage last weekend as we wrapped up our racing season for the Arizona Yacht Club ( we sail all winter - sunny, 70s to 80s, no power boaters ).

I will toss it up on Youtube and link it here.

I should have both GoPro cameras going at some points during both days. Right after this is the High School Championships in the same boats, same location. There was a fella that got some great drone footage last weekend as we wrapped up our racing season for the Arizona Yacht Club ( we sail all winter - sunny, 70s to 80s, no power boaters ).

That's really great azexploder, it will certainly liven up our forum :)

Have you had a chance to do the youtube? I'd love to see some footage.

Great video guys, a treat for us Canadians still waiting for sailing weather. Picked up a few tips as well; Whisker Pole on the Downwind leg and Loose Foot on the Main :cool:

Looks like you caught a few nice puffs and kicked her up a few. Am I right in guessing that, sailing with the main foot loose, makes a big difference in light air? .... Also I'll have to get me a Whisker pole, obviously makes a big difference on the downwind leg ;)

would be nice to have it planned out a few weeks in advance. AZ, SoCal, CO.. who wants it?

Dillon, CO is fun but cold.

Lake Pleasant, AZ had a drifter day one and blew us out day two - but that was just luck of the draw. Lots of cool clear fresh water, fancy sports bar on the water now, and cheep digs ($8 entry includes camping). AYC has standing equipment and world class PROz available.

Mission Bay is a nice change for desert rats. MBYC has always been available. Would need a contact there to spearhead.

South Bay where the NOODs are run??

Tahoe, Folsom, ??

I belong to Willamette Sailing club up here in Portland. There is only one other Capri 14.2 in the club so it would not be worth hosting here. We have plenty of good wind in the Summer but the accommodations are not as cheap as Arizona. I am sorry to see that MBYC no longer supports the c14.2 as one of their fleets. I hope someone steps up to the task of hosting in a place where there are enough boats to make it work.

MBYC would have no issue with having the nationals there. It is up to us to get it done tho. How about Huntington Lake during the High Sierra regatta in July?

Back