News Italy J/24 Report

News

All across Italy, the J/24s are sailing their winter series. Here are their latest reports. ROME: It was a special victory for the sailors on board KISMET, the boat owned by the late Antonio Antoneli. Thanks to the determination of his wife Francesca Focardi (and crew of Beppe Olmeti, Marcello Marverti and Nunzio Valitutto), they made a stunning comeback in the last weekend of racing to win the Cervia Winter Championship and the Trofeo VIII Memorial Pirini. “For us on KISMET, this is a special victory that goes beyond the competitive results. We did everything to win because we did it for the memory of Antonio,” commented Francesca Focardi Antonelli. “The helmsmen who took turns on board were exceptional, as well as all the crew who showed an extreme commitment to winning the event. I am proud of them. I also wish to thank all the J/24 Class and particularly the J/24 fleet of Romagna not only for having been so close to us as a family, but also for showing me that the J/24 crews are like a big family to all of us. Because of your support, KISMET will continue racing! We will definitely take part in the national J/24 Circuit and also for the 2017 Winter Series in Cervia.” For the series, CAPTAIN NEMO took second, co-skippered by Guido and Domenico Brighi. In third was BLUE WIND sailed by Mauro Martelli. The rest of the top five included MAGIC FAIRY (Viscardo Brusori and Massimo Frigerio) in fourth and KERMESSE (Marco Maccaferri) in fifth. ANZIO-NETTUNO- NATIONAL SERIES- ACT I: LA SUPERBA won the first stage of the Italian J/24 National Circuit after sailing the eight race series in the Gulf of Anzio-Nettuno. Twenty-six teams participated in the regatta that was characterized by strong winds and a high level of competition. It was not an easy victory for LA SUPERBA’s skipper Ignazio Bonanno (with crew of Simone Carrera, Francesco Picaro, Francesco Branciforte, & Alfredo Linares). Despite having won four races with three seconds in their scoreline, they barely beat out the German J/24 team led by Stefan Karsunke. Stefan’s SUELLBERG crew also won four of the eight races and finished just one point back in second. Third for the regatta was BLACK LEATHER sailed by Paul Cecamore and Hungarian Soling World Champion Farkas Litkey. The fourth and fifth positions were taken by MOLLICONA (Vincenzo Mercuri) and MARBEA (Marcello Bellacicca & Antonio Macina). For more Italian J/24 Class sailing information, visit http://www.j24.it/web/.

Continue reading...

Back