Lock your spars?

G

Okay, I may be moving my boat to a marina instead of keeping it in my garage. How do most of you all lock the spars up so they don't grow legs??? I know most people lock the boat by running a cable through the daggerboard slot and around the rack, but that doesn't do much for the spars.... Thanks, D

At my club we have more spars hanging around than we know what to do with so I guess its not really a problem. But if it were I would get a spar bag from layline.com or apsltd.com and bring them with. :?

[quote:51581cf91e="Anonymous"]Okay, I may be moving my boat to a marina instead of keeping it in my garage. How do most of you all lock the spars up so they don't grow legs??? I know most people lock the boat by running a cable through the daggerboard slot and around the rack, but that doesn't do much for the spars.... Thanks, D[/quote:51581cf91e]

Check out the Lockpit (avail at Layline), it shows the spars locked on (not sure how the upper and lower are "locked" though, it looks like they can be slid right out)

Another idea is a PVC tube, 6-8" in Dia with a locking end cap that is bolted or chained to something permanent in the marina. Put the spars in that and lock the end up.

I can tell you from real life that until everyone has switched over to the new boom vang, leaving it easily accessible makes it an easy target to steal :-( (Even in the Lockpit - at least bolting the vang fitting on instead of the clevis pin/ring ding might make them look for easier pickings)

Back