LooserLu?

I haven't seen our friend LooserLu from Germany here for some time. I enjoy his stories and positive outlook. Anyone know him?

Thanks,
M

MasterMike said:
I haven't seen our friend LooserLu from Germany here for some time. I enjoy his stories and positive outlook. Anyone know him?

Thanks,
M
Well, I'm alive.
Thanks for asking MasterMike. For an issue with Bradley, about a few month ago, I did decide not to be present here for a while. I am not telling why, it's just between Bradley and me.
Meanwhile, I got the job to be the "harbour dude" at the executive board for a big sailing club here in my neigborhood and organized a Laser Race at our lake in October.
Also, I try to reorganize the Laserfleet (7 Lasers) at the club and cared (a lot) for that boats (beside of all other 40 boats + roadtrailers etc.).
I helped (a bit) to care for the webside of our national laser class. I bought a Laser 4.7 rig to give it to the youth at our optimist fleet next season.

The rest of the time I worked a lot for my profession and cared for my mom, that got most ill (alzheimer desease) and: "did my personal diploma" (sailing without any captsize) on my "new" Laser 171442 in force 6 and waves (puh, that was hard...). Laser 46438 is sold for a not to much mony to a young newbie in our class, for that (I hope) he will get the Laser-Virus :)
So, there hasn't been time enough to be present at this part of the internet during the last months.

I refurbished 2 centreboards and three rudders and if I have more time, I make a story with photos and copyright for TLF-Commuinity, of course.

I hope you all are sailing initensive with the new JC Clew Tie Down aren't you ;)

stay wet and see you on the water
LooserLu

WELCOME BACK!!!

Now Where is Shevy??

huh??

Shevy??

Shevy??

Shevy??

DR LASER!!!! Ground control to DR Laser!!

gouvernail said:
WELCOME BACK!!!
:) Thanks gov :)

gouvernail said:
Now Where is Shevy??
huh??
Shevy??
DR LASER!!!! Ground control to DR Laser!!

Well, gov, my information is about ~ half a year old, but, I guess he is fine.
Fred, my advice is this: Try to sell some more of your nice and really good boats there at Austin and take the profit of that to plan to join a Laserrace (standard rigg, of course) at the Bosporus. I am absolutely sure you find drLaser there - of course under the top 10 of the racing fleet ;)
E-mailing him is not easy, I think it is a problem of the strong firewall of the mailserver, where I did reached him (perhaps only understands Turkish language or so).

I plan to visit Istanbul this year, but I am not sure, if there is really a time-window for me in reason of doing my job(s). Of course, my hikingpants etc. is in the bag that I take with me, if I enter the plane for the "sightseeing weekend" to Istanbul.

@ Bradley
it is a typical problem of the communication via the internet. Discussing an important issue is better done "face to face" (not: monitor to monitor). But, we live so far away form eachother, that "a short visit" is not possible for me. Only really rich vip's (like Boris Becker or Steffi Graf or so) are able here, just to catch "their"plane for a short vist of friends that live 1000ds of miles away.

For the JC Clew Tie Down I advice: "PTFE"-paste. Here in Europe, we can get this creme from a big German online store for electronical goods (conrad.de). The PTFE makes the movement of the metall ring smoother and protects the surface of the boom. The gov, I guess, would say: just take "vaseline", Lu, that's cheaper!

Ciao
LooserLu
that now quick has to go to the harbor, to fix all stuff there for the today upcoming hurricane "Kyrill"

Here I have a small report for you of the start of the sailing season 2007 of LooserLu and Laser Manatee at Easter Monday:

...Yesterday, the sailing season did start for Laser Manatee and me. It has been great! 5-6 Bft. with some sun+clouds (wind had much gusts and shifts in the direction) and waves and I got wet like only a few times during the past 2 years.

I have been on the water (netto) for about 4 hours and today I feel every tiny muscle... Laser Manatee did a ride with me on the water very often in the highest velocity she could surf related to her course. I got so much water from the spray to my head that often I wasn't able to see the forward direction. Very often the hull was humming like a music instrument...

The JC-Clew-Tie-Down did work wonderful and my (I mean John Dawson Edward's) shockcord-inhaul at the boom worked fine too. I did take some of the PTFE-paste to the boom at the clew tie down but the spray washed it away during the 4 hours of sailing.

The water was cold but for one time I had to swim. Aft a moment of being not concentrated during a half-wind course I did fall out of the boat in a gust to the windward side. Luckily I not forgot to hold the long J-Fatso tiller extension in my hand, during Laser Manatee tried tosail further on without me. I was able to get very quick back to the hull by pulling at the tiller extension and the hull luckily didn't capsized. The wind was blowing strong enough to get back into the cockpit from the windward side and 45 seconds aft falling out of the boat I was already back in the cockpit. This "stunt" surely looked cool, I guess. The fleet of young Europe-sailors and their coaches on their inflatable, that not far away did their strong-wind-training, surly have been impressed, I think.
This has been one of only two capsizings during the hole day (the other one I also have been not concentrated enough and during a big gust, I not early enough eased the sheet, so the boat capsized to the lee side, but I was quick on the centreboard to bring the hull back right to the surface of the water).

In one course I had to tack back for about on hour permanently. So you can imagine how my legs (from hiking out all the time) and arms (pulling the sheet on the reach courses) feel today...

Aft the sailing and aft I did put my boat back onto my car, I had a good meal (lamp steaks with string-beans in beacon and fried-potatoes and a dessert, "Zabaione"-Mousse-Cream with and strawberries whipped cream and a light beer mix with Sprite) at the restaurant at the harbor ( www.schomaker-duemmersee.de ). Then I drove back home.

I was happy, not to have a broken boat or any real problems with my body (although I was 100% wet the hole time under the wetsuit for about ~ 6 hours in ~15°C air / ~10°C water), but a really fine day of sailing at my personal limits (as a non racer) in the moment...

See you on the water, somewhere...

Ciao
LooserLu

Back