mast and sail?????

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by igormothra, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igormothra

igormothra New Member

I have recently acquired an Alcort Sailfish. Unfortunately there was no mast or sail with it, everything else is there and in excellent shape. I was wondering if there was anyone who knew where I could get a mast and sail. I would really like to give this thing a try.

2. DanB

DanB Crabber

Pardon me if you are already past this point of information. If you have the 13' 7" Sailfish ( Super Sailfish or Super Sailfish MKII ) the Sunfish rig is the same mast, spars, and sail size so will work on your boat.

3. igormothra

igormothra New Member

wow thats cool... you will have to forgive me this would be my very first attempt at sailing. I have been on some friends sailboats in the past but never owned one and I really don't know a heck of a lot about them. Thanks for the info.

4. DanB

DanB Crabber

Keep a watch on the ads here for the stuff you need. Peruse craigslist for your area too. I recently saw 4 sets of mast & spars on SailingTexas, but if you aren’t close to a seller shipping is prohibitive. There’s a web group you can download the setup manual from. They have some sailing instructions you can print off too. ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sunfish_sailor ) Basically, most things Sunfish will work for a Sailfish.

5. igormothra

igormothra New Member

again thanks for the info, i'd like to get this ready for the spring so I can try it out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.