Mod 3 Hatch Cover Question

jerinaldi

Hey everyone,

I am the proud owner of a 1989 Mod 2. In connection with an unfortunate snapped shroud and dismasting incident recently, I had the opportunity to remove the cuddy insert and realized the incredible amount of storage space that I have been missing out on.

I saw the recent thread on the plywood hatch cover for a Mod 1, which I might do depending upon the answer to my question, which is:

Does anyone know whether a Mod 3 Hatch cover would fit over a Mod 2 hatch?

Congratulations on your new boat and sorry to hear about your demasting. I had a model 2 and removed the cuddy tube to install a battery for my trolling motor. I did LOTS of looking for hatches to replace the tube but did not find anything that would be a good fit. The opening for the tube is square and most of the hatches are rectangular. The rectangular hatches that would fit would be to narrow to allow for good access to the front. I ended up just puting the tube back in. For the model 3 Catalina changed the shape of the cockpit to allow for a hatch. With that being said the model 3 hatch will not fit a model 2

Good Luck
Roger L

Back