New Cunningham System

ummm...k

hey mike i can help you out!
just go to http://teamvanguard.com/boats/c/cnt/LaserRiggingLR.pdf
its near the bottom in an acrobat reader program so hold on and they have about three good shots and some literature.

ummm...k

ok so maybe that didn't work. anywho just go to www.teamvanguard.com, hit the laser link on the left hand colum, then on the upper row at the top of your screen hit rigging and that will bring you to what i previously described.

Word to the wise - even though there's a picture of a certain rigging system on the Vanguard website, it doesn't mean that is THE way to do it. The new rules allow quite a bit of flexibility. Just be sure you read the rules.

To find a good rigging system, go to a regatta and look at the other boats to see what other people are doing. You may have to do a little bit of experimenting to find what works best for you personally.

ummm...k

i understand what your trying to say and you have to do some playing around with the regular vang. But with the new one it is a 15:1 vang and a 10:1 outhaul and since vanguard has already nearly perfected their new rigging i don't think anything you can do will increase performance much more. besides, you'd have to buy new blocks and gear to make it work. trust me...im a vanguard dealer and set these up all the time.

Re: ummm...k

[quote:a805d31554="macwas16"]i understand what your trying to say and you have to do some playing around with the regular vang. But with the new one it is a 15:1 vang and a 10:1 outhaul and since vanguard has already nearly perfected their new rigging i don't think anything you can do will increase performance much more. besides, you'd have to buy new blocks and gear to make it work. trust me...im a vanguard dealer and set these up all the time.[/quote:a805d31554]

Then that must have been a typo on your part since the outhaul is a a 4:1 (and most people that I have talked to think that's not enough purchase given the current clew tie down rules)

The cunningham @ 10:1 is overkill IMHO, I am down to 6:1 and find the vang works better at 12:1 too

I tried the standard Vanguard cuningham rig and didn't like it. The 10:1 was too much purchase and the Harken microblocks were too big. I cut the purchase down to 6:1 like 49028 did, and I replaced the Harken microblocks with airblocks. I'm now quite happy with it.

This is what worked for me. If the standard Vanguard works best for you, then by all means sail with it. This is why I love the new rules.

ummm...k

i deffinatley don't have any problem with playing around with your new systems cause i sence some harsh tones. but whatever you do, absolutley make sure it is leagal cause on a boat i once had one of the vang blocks was illegal and my coack cought it at the last second.

Back