Phantom vs. Sunfish Mast - Interchangeable?

Alan S. Glos

Question: Is a Sunfish mast interchangeable with a Phantom mast (lateen rig)? If not, what are the specs for a Phantom mast (length overall including end caps) and tube diameter? Does anybody have a Phantom m,ast they could measure and post here? I can't find the specs on-line. I have a black mast that I think came off a Phantom that I want to provide to a friend who needs a Phantom mast.

Any help/intel appreciated.

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

Alan, I have a Phantom mast that I use on my Viking. I believe they are the same size. I'll measure it today and post the dimensions.

Baseman.

Thanks. It looks like I do have genuine Phantom mast as it is black and the exact same specs as you measured off your mast.
I love it when a plan comes together!

Alan Glos
Cazenovia, NY

So, that must mean I have a 'specialty' Viking. (or maybe just a hybrid). Viking hull. Phantom spars (except for the gooseneck), Intensity (Sunfish) race sail. Good thing I don't have to be class legal for the races I go to.

Yes, I have seen a few Sunfish with black spars, but this (black) mast was just about 1/4" shorter of the usual Sunfish mast.
At any rate, I sold it to a woman who needed one for her Phantom and she is happy to have it.

Alan Glos

Back