Ready to sail and race...J-24

Discussion in 'J/24's For Sale' started by Fred Baker, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Fred Baker

Fred Baker New Member

City:
    Scituate
    State:
    Ma.
    Cost:
    $3200.
    This 24 completely rebuilt for J-24 Worlds in Newport. Newer mast/boom, vang upgrade, newer sheets, vermiculite removed, keel job and faired rudder...... NO cavitation. Newer winches, windward sheeting main traveler car, ratchet genoa blocks, Twin axle trailer, two sets very good sails, deck core replaced and new deck paint..... I bought a 22 and this sits in yard.... wife does not like boat sitting in yard.........White topsides. grey deck #189
    can be reached at 781-545-2142

2. Rusty Weaver

Rusty Weaver New Member

Do you have pictures. I am interested.
    Rusty Weaver
    Baton Rouge, LA

3. Fred Baker

Fred Baker New Member

What would you like pictures of? Hull, keel, rudder, sails, mast, boom, running and standing rigging, genoa and jib tracks and main traveler windward sheeting car, deck and interior, cushions etc, etc?

4. Rusty Weaver

Rusty Weaver New Member

Yes, all of it. If I have to travel from Louisiana to MA. to get it I need to make sure it is OK

5. Fred Baker

Fred Baker New Member

This trailer is vintage.... not sure it wants to ride 2000 miles

6. Rusty Weaver

Rusty Weaver New Member

What are the issues with the trailer???

7. Fred Baker

Fred Baker New Member

trailer is vintage double axle from 80's and works fine, has done 200-300 mile destinations......... Sorry but I'm not going to take pictures of every item you want so you can see they exist. The boat is race ready, goes to weather better than any other of the six J-24's I've raced for the last 25 years and is a steal at 3 grand.

8. Rusty Weaver

Rusty Weaver New Member

Your right that it is a good deal. But I am not going to travel 3 days and 2000 miles only to get there and find that it does not meet my expectations. Most people supply pictures up front. I do not need every detail but I would like some decent pictures. I really do not think that this request out of the ordinary.

When you say vintage trailer and it will not be able to go 2000 miles that's a game killer. What is it with the trailer that it will not do that distance. Tires, Bearings, too much rust????? These are things any buyer but a local need to know.

9. Rusty Weaver

Rusty Weaver New Member

I am not sure what I said but I am truly interested in this boat. I am not trying to check for existence of equipment just trying to gauge the overall condition of the boat.
    Sorry if I pissed you off. Definitely not trying to do that.

10. Fred Baker

Fred Baker New Member

No need to apologize or anticipate that you pissed me off..... The boat is not new, built in 1979 and trailer is similar vintage. Will Wells of North Sailmakers , a J-24 World Champion has raced against this boat. He understands its pedigree.......You might find it more logical to look locally.

• Like Like x 1
  11. rcmpt0312

rcmpt0312 New Member

I live in MD, around Annapolis And want to sail there. Can the trailer get from MA to MD? Just a couple of Pics deck, hull, cabin and trailer?
    Rick Mead