Sail Wanted

Discussion in 'Sunfish Wanted Ads' started by jleonard99, Jul 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jleonard99

jleonard99 Sunny Sailer

Would like to buy a new or slightly used sail, Made in the USA. I would prefer for the sail to have blue in the color.

2. Alan S. Glos

Alan S. Glos Active Member

Google: Kevane, Intensity and Neil Pryde for good aftermarket sails. Kevane makes a nice one with white and blue panels - the consensus is that Intensity makes the best Sunfishg aftermarket sail, but only in all-white and Red-White-Blue colors/

Alan Glos
    Cazenovia, NY

3. mixmkr

mixmkr Active Member

You almost spend $100 in materials to make your own sails. Its basically not worth it unless you enjoy it or do bulk production

4. jleonard99

jleonard99 Sunny Sailer

Thanks Alan, I will look into the Kevane ones some more, only one I am not that familiar with.

5. jleonard99

jleonard99 Sunny Sailer

It seems that is the case

6. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

The Kevane sails are very flat, no shape what so ever. I acquired one with a boat I purchased. It was yellow and white. I'm sure the quality was good, but not good for sailing being so flat. I have one new USA made sail, mackinaw color scheme (blue/white/green) with logo and window if you are interested. Race cut shape, clear vinyl window.

7. jleonard99

jleonard99 Sunny Sailer

Thank you for the information, I like the color scheme, I can get that color directly though. Do you have any opinion of FX Sails?

8. sailcraftri

sailcraftri Well-Known Member

I have owned the Jolly Roger that they make. It was well made. Some shape to it. I don't think they are made in USA though. I called to find out but nobody answered the phone.

9. jleonard99

jleonard99 Sunny Sailer

Thank you for the info on their sails, if you hear back from them please let us know

10. beldar boathead

beldar boathead Well-Known Member

The Kevane sail I saw was misshappen. If you want something unusual like a Jolly Roger that only they offer I would try them, otherwise I'd go with a different vendor. Why do you want made in the US? That is rather limiting these days.

11. jleonard99

jleonard99 Sunny Sailer

Alright thank you for the info on their sails. And I like to support the American economy and believe the quality in most cases is better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.