Sunfish 2017 Worlds

Discussion in 'Sunfish Talk' started by sailcraftri, Aug 28, 2017.

1. tag

tag my2fish

Rob PA - was the upper boom at least a new one? I'd hope that was the case, as opposed to a straightened out bent one!

2. Rob PA

Rob PA New Member

I'm pretty sure it's new, but I have to admit that I wasn't looking for any evidence that it had been bent and straightened? The pick-up process after the world's was like this: select which hull you want, then select a set of spars from a pile of them in a cradle...optional to take the time to find the ones labeled to match your hull (took me about 5 minutes)...find the sail that matches, etc. The dagger board and rudder were handed to me...no picking to match, but they were labeled also. So it wasn't until. I saw this thread, and the crunched upper boom that I had any reason to take a super close look at the upper spar. With a house full of Hurricane evacuees this weekend, I didn't get the chance to drive to the shore where my boat is to take a close look. But everything worked great last Sunday.

3. mixmkr

mixmkr Active Member

A spar bent back spar is going to be obvious without doubt imo. I can't believe they'd try to pass one off either. Looks like a fantastic fish!

• Like Like x 1