Whisker pole

pat earing

Can't we sail the Capri instead?
Any reason I can't make one from a wooden dowl? The cost is prohibitive for a factory item. Thoughts??? Ideas???

Pat

One came with my boat, but I know what you're saying about the cost. WOW. the length should adjust to about the same as the length of the foot of your headsail, so how about an adjustable fiberglass shower curtain rod? they're tough, twist lock, and are available at any big box store for about 20 bucks. you'd have to fabricate some clips for each end, but I think your up to the task ;)

Russ

One came with my boat, but I know what you're saying about the cost. WOW. the length should adjust to about the same as the length of the foot of your headsail, so how about an adjustable fiberglass shower curtain rod? they're tough, twist lock, and are available at any big box store for about 20 bucks. you'd have to fabricate some clips for each end, but I think your up to the task ;)

Russ
What a great idea! Thanks-I will try that.

Pat

You can purchase the whisker pole ends at any good boat store. I have made them for small boats using a number of "poles". Just walk through a good size hardware store and you will find more than one good option. Extendable/adjustable length pole plus standard ends equals a great whisker pole. Good luck...

Back