You know you're a Laser sailer when...

splashdown

You know you're a Laser sailor when you discover a strange urge to throw yourself to the other side on the car when turning a corner!

Anybody else got any strange symptoms?

Oh oh I do. After a long, long day on the water I get aggitated when we turn the car because I'm still thinking where the winds coming from and it annoys me that we haven't addjusted the sails yet : (

A bad driver cuts you off and you say starboard under your breath ......
You start to talk to people about how your knee hurts from your bad hiking style, and they ask what mountains you went to ....
You rip the pages out of your organizer to "save weight" ...
Your have tan lines from sailing gloves (More hardcore, have tan lines from a hiking strap) ...

Similar to MacWas in his car and still thinking about where the winds coming from, I get around a lot on my bike - clubhouse is only 10mins away - but when riding in to a head wind I curse the restrictive road/path that won't allow me to bear off a bit.
Going downwind I sit up, "release the vang" to give me max height and spread the shoulders to catch the wind. When I start trying to fit a sail I think its time to put me away.

sometimes when i fall asleep and i'm dreaming about sailling every time i tack i end up rolling over. i only know this because i sometimes wake up and curse that i'm not on the water. i also take all corners on my bike wide and close.

When your walking and you get stuck in a big wind tunnel(city dwellers know what Im talking about), and you find it hard to walk because of all the wind, you wish you were on a Laser :p.

i got a good one

You know your a laser sailor when in the offseason, you buy an RC Laser to race with

Saw it online, thought it was pretty fun and you guys would get a kick out of it
http://sailrclaser.com/

i been looking now, since i live in Ohio sailing season is coming to a close fast and i can race a RC where ever there isn't ice

You know your a Laser sailor when:

You've been sailing Lasers all summer and then do tactics on a 40'er and tell the skipper to park the boat on the line at 30 seconds and tell the trimmers to sheet in and go at 10 seconds. D'oh

Guilty of the above not once, but twice this weekend.....

You know you're a laser sailor when you have a scar running the length of your stomach from death rolling then sliding along the gunwhale. Trust me, its not fun.

You Know Your a Laser Sailor when;

Your live-in girlfriend of two years says "Glenn it's either me or that boat" and you reply, "Hey while your in the kitchen can you pack me a small lunch, I don't want to miss the harbor start today"

She didn't like that too much...

I miss her, sometimes... when I'm not racing

You know your a Laser Sailor when:

You have a bumper sticker that reads;
"Real men race Lasers, the rest just play with their dinghies"

This isn't totally Laser related, but my Mom and I also sail CFJ's and we have a tendency to attempt to switch sides of the truck while we drive home.

My younger brother and I sail Lasers together, as well as crew together on keel boats, and whenever we are going to or from the club, or anywhere in my truck, I find myself telling him to, “Darn it Orin, trim the Radio faster! FASTER!”

All these are good, but I have to hold this one up as the crown jewel.

You know your a laser sailor when;

You sit and wonder how any other class can really seriously consider themselves a true one-design class. Honestly...

You glance back at the transom after every tack and gybe - even when you're sailing on a mid-boom sheeting keelboat...

Cheers,

Geoff S.

when you always fall out of a 420 or other boat with two hiking straps because you can never find it. (the back foot over the strap trick fails on you)

You know your a Laser sailor when;

Skippering a keelboat (Tripp 33) you get so tuned in to the helm and triming the main, you forget you have a jib and totally forget to tell the crew which spinnaker to use... it happened not once, but twice this weekend... oh well 3rd is ok, it was a rough weekend..

Despite having access and opportunity to sail on diverse boats (from scows to large keel-boats) you look back on the season and realize that nearly 100% of your sailing was done on a Laser.

Despite having an iceboat in pieces and precious little time to get it ready for the hard-water season, you take an afternoon off and go Laser sailing.

Cheers,

Geoff S.
DN US-5156/Laser 145234/Renegade 510

You know your a Laser Sailor when you refuse to sail a Catamaran under ANY conditions. Even if there are no other boats available.

You know your a Laser Sailor when you are proud of your Bootie tan, Hiking Pants tan and Rash guard or PFD Tan.

You know your a Laser Sailor when you go into the Marina store fully decked out in your sailing gear (In particular spandex over evrything) and don't notice the looks you receive. Also applicable in the bar.

You know your a Laser Sailor when you get home and realize you still have your PFD on.

Sometimes when I am on a keel boat and I just keep thinking that I need to find the hiking straps to hike the boat flat. And the same as 116794 said how when bad drives cut you off and you yell "starboard" or I say sometimes "bouy room" or "leeward over windward" and even when people are right next to the back of your car I have been known to say "over taking boat must keep clear."

you know your a laser sailor when u sit down on a bech nd nearly fall off the back of it then realise theres no hioking strap.

Alloy said:
you know your a laser sailor when you sit down on a bench and nearly fall off the back of it then realise theres no hoking strap.

I fixed your spelling a little, but you have no idea how many time's I've done that :p

You know your a laser sailor when you get a detention in school for drawing lasers all over everything (desks, assignments, in the bathroom...)

I haven't done that...but i know of a person who has.

I know I'm laaser sailor when... My friends finaly realise I'm talking about boats, instead of sharks with laser's on their head from Austin Powers

yeah i have big problems with that! its hard to make the transition from the water to the road. probibly because i spent most my time on the water.

you know your a laser sailor when you look at the other people using the tractor to pull their boats up the sand & you just pull your boat up the sand by your self.

you know your a laser sailor when you don't have to go to the little marina thing which is like 500m from my yacht club to launch your boat, all you do is launch it where there is enough water for it to float.

Getting yelled at for being outside the lifelines driving a j24 is always fun, how are you supposed to drive when your head is inside the boat?

Alloy said:
you know your a laser sailor when u sit down on a bech nd nearly fall off the back of it then realise theres no hioking strap.

OK...I just had my whole class yell at me because I did that again today...
:(

Back