Aluminum Trim Bending

Hey all,

I'm fixing dad's boat which T-boned a steel bulkhead last year :eek: and I have to put a new aluminum trim piece around the bow. I was playing with a piece yesterday and managed to kink it pretty good while trying to bend it into shape.

Has anyone had success with the sharp bend around the bow? What is the recommended procedure?

Thanks!!!!!

Tim, here is the file off of the Yahoo SF Sailor site. Basically a rubber mallet, and careful taps or even luck seem to be the way to get around the bow. This file is not that detailed to how to use the rubber mallet as you guide the bending. I have asked the folks at Vanguard and have gotten some answers for other items, perhaps they can spill the secret to rounding the bow.
Best of luck.

Attachments

• Sunfish Trim Replacement.pdf
    99.6 KB · Views: 65
You found the Sunfish/Laser quick instruction sheet, but you missed the detailed one compiled by the guoup members. The more comprehensive one probably has the information you want.

Thank you Dan, I did overlook that file title :eek: . Here is that file for those who are looking for it.:)

Attachments

• Sunfish Detailed Aluminum_Trim_Repair.pdf
    95.8 KB · Views: 84
Sweeet!

Just emailed it off to my dad. I don't know if he was being patient enough with the bending process.

Thanks guys.

Back