News An Inside Look at the ILCA Technical Team – Production Audits

The goal of the ILCA Technical Team is to maintain the ILCA dinghy as the premiere one-design sailboat in the world. We want all ILCA dinghies to be built to [...]

The post An Inside Look at the ILCA Technical Team – Production Audits appeared first on International Laser Class Association.

Continue reading on LaserInternational.org...
An interesting article. I would like to see a video of how our boat is manufactured. For example, a "How it's Made " episode. I love that show. Such a thing might answer a lot of people's questions and help with maintenance/repairs.

An interesting article. I would like to see a video of how our boat is manufactured. For example, a "How it's Made " episode. I love that show. Such a thing might answer a lot of people's questions and help with maintenance/repairs.
Old, but still somewhat relevant.

Which company will provide the ILCAs for the 2024 Olympics?
I think we have talked about this before... and there still seems to be no information. But we can offer guesses based on the past:
  • at both last year’s ILCA 7 worlds and women’s ILCA 6 worlds and the WS youth worlds, the male fleet was supplied by Devoti and female fleet by Element Six
  • at this year’s worlds, the ILCA 6s were built by Riotecna and the 7s by Element Six
  • Nautivela would be the most ”natural” choice for a Mediterranean venue, but they’re also building boats for the youth worlds, which are this year even closer to their home, at Garda (420s at least if not ILCAs).
At the end it’s all about apparently confidential contracts between ILCA, the IOC, and the builders. We may not find out until the games start, but I would bet on E6 and Devoti again (although I’d prefer a Devoti/Nautivela split).

_

Back