constant attention needed?

kriss

when reading 'technique'posts it appears that constant adjustments need to be made on the vang,cunningham,etc....however if one was not racing but 'daysailing' a laser can one sail a laser in a more relaxed manner?

sure1!!! lasers work great in day sailing and you dont need to pay much attention to sail controls, just dont forget to let off the vang downwind to avoid broken masts:rolleyes:

I think that one of the main joys of sailing a Laser is that it's a boat that fairly easy to sail, but hard to sail well. I sail for fun and only race occasionally but it's proving to be a lot of fun after sailing an RS Vareo for a few years. I had a thread running on the 'Yachts and Yachting' forum on the subject of "will I be bored in a Laser ?" - opinions were divided but I have to say that I've not regretted swapping to a Laser. You certainly don't have to keep tweaking the controls but the process of learning how to get the best out of the rig is ultimately quite absorbing and if you sail amongst other Lasers you'll soon start to wonder why they are moving whilst you are almost stationary - just remember that sailing is supposed to be fun!

Nigel

Back