• Please be alert for scammers offering shipped items. Just like any internet purchase, please use caution and be sure to verify identies. Phone calls are strongly recommended along with using payment methods offering protection for shipped items. Never use VENMO or Pay Pal Friends and Family for shipped goods. Also, please look out for users linking to an existing thread but providing a different email address to contact the original poster.

Expired Donation of J24 in storage

This classified ad has expired.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnpeq

Price $
State
CALIFORNIA
I have a J24 (#565, Teddy Bear) that has been in storage and I now longer sail. I would like to donate it to someone that can put it to good use Boat has a Triad trailer that is is on.
I am at a distance (Utah) so you would have to go and transport it to your port

I have a J24 (#565, Teddy Bear) that has been in storage and I now longer sail. I would like to donate it to someone that can put it to good use Boat has a Triad trailer that is is on.
I am at a distance (Utah) so you would have to go and transport it to your port
I am sorry you are not able to sail. Can you please tell me anything about the condition of the boat and the trailer? thanks. rob

Wobbly (interesting sudo name)
Teddy Bear has been in storage since the late 80s. My Daughter was born and my first mate (wife) priorities changed so we agreed to store it temporaly until she grew. Never happened.
In 2018 I fared and printed the keel and went through the boat in hopes of selling the boat locally. It weathered well, the trailer gas rust spots where some paint would help. I put new tires on.
If I was going to sail Teddy Bear, being 30 years younger, I would need a propulsion outboard. To compete, one of the compases need replacement.
She is fully equiped (10sails) for both one design and PHRF, and was very competative. We competed on the east coast, even against Rodney Johnstone's Hull #1.
We are retired in Utah close to our 80's and unable to travel. We just got an increase in the storage fee and both agree that enough is enough.
I do have a photo on my phone that I maybe able the send to your phone. It shows the Tan boat, trailer and Mast on top.
John

Hi, Jon I’m a college sailor from Jacksonville ,FL looking for a J24 to get into the racing. If you have any info about wheather the boat is still available I’d be interested in Teddy Bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back