Hiking Bench

In my spare time, while trying not to freeze this afternoon I have built a hiking bench. While not the specs of a Laser should be very helpfull for anyone looking.

Pics and specs soon.

Danno

I was looking for a hiking bench a few months back. I liked the one that APS sells. As a matter a fact I was doing a search on google and actually found the manufacturer that makes it for them. There web address is the following:

http://www.handsonww.com/1-704-8927720/fabrications.asp

They sell it $20.00 less than they do plus shipping. It ended up being like $15.00 for shipping or so.

When you recieve the product you are required to have glue on hand so that you can wood glue the boards together and then screw the pieces together with phillips self tapping screws. It was very easy. The next thing was to mount the hiking strap, which it didnt come with the strap or pad eyes to tie off the strap to. So I dug into my collection of laser crap to do this. After it is mostly assembled it requires you to nail these two boards onto the seat portion. And just one more thing the edges are not beveled. So you will need a router to do this.

Good luck with your bench and I hope this helps.

james-

you probabaly have a friends or perhaps you have the book " the complete book of laser sailing" and at the back they tell you the specs and how to build a hiking bench.

Back