Ice off! You are all so lucky.

Barometer Soup

I went over to our local lake today to go ice fishing and found unsafe ice! As a matter of fact the south end of the lake was completely open! Unfortunately it is supposed to drop to around 10 degrees tonight, so the rest of the ice will firm up a bit. But with any luck we will have a warming trend later this week and be sailing in about 2 weeks.
Our ski season, however, was fantastic! I got in about 60 days. And the amout of snow was incredible(well over 400 inches)! So almost every day I went skiing was awesome. All of our resorts her in Park City closed with over 100 inches of base left.

you & I need to talk next spring! you can come down here and enjoy spring break on the florida beaches and sail for a week & I'll come up to ski :).

From what I remember of living in Colorado we were all pretty sick of snow and skiing by late March - even though there was still good snow.

This year was GREAT! Over 400 Inches of snow! We didn't really get sick of it, but we did get really picky. If there wasn't a foot of fresh powder I didn't go. My brother lives in Fla. and I seldom visit him, but he doesn't have any boats. I live in the mountains and I have five(only one laser). When I moved from Michigan I had 7 and I sold all but two, a canoe and a small aluminum fishing boat. I thing I have an addiction to sailing and boating. Fortunately my wife is very supportive of it.

Back