Reattaching a loose foam block

Offramp

Well the starboard forward styrofoam block is completly detached from my 1973 hull and deck. I'd like to reattach it but this two part foam, blind pouring has me a little nervous.
Unless it is a BIG mistake, I'd rather use the minimimal expanding can foam that you can spray in place. There are two types of this available at my local home centers- The Great Stuff door and window foam (minimal expanding) and then there is a latex based foam Dow-Tex or Dow-Tech. Anybody have any experience good or bad or heard anything about latex foam for attaching sunfish styrofoam blocks?

I reattached a few foam blocks in my hull using Great Stuff. I worked great for me...Its been a year and the blocks are still solid. One thing that made the job easier for me was i found a long tube with a stiff end that fit into the Great Stuff can. The stiff end was easy to wedge into the tight spaces between the blocks and the fiberglass, delivering the foam to where it is needed most. The job would have been much harder without this tube.
Be cautious however...this foam can absorb water if left saturated. My hull doesn't leak too bad and i immediately dry it out. It has not gained weight yet.
I am happy with it.:)

Back