Still no Laser but some great studying tools!

Sunray

Hi

Yep, still have not purchased my first Laser. NOW there is the issue of Miami beach not allowing trailers in the yards of its esteemed residences, so I have to figure out what to do THERE... ANYWAY....while waiting I decided to get myself some 'larnin'.

I ordered ( and received in 2 swift weeks) a book and a separate c.d.--not associated with the book...

The book is really great, taking you through all from preparing/rigging the boat (this is not a beginners book, per se, so you should have some knowledge of terms, e.t.c.) to everything involving sail handling in all conditions and on all points of sail, nutrition and workouts.....blah...blah.

It is called The Complete Introduction to Laser Racing And I highly recommend it. I am going to use it as my 'bible' and refer to it when needed.

The c.d REALLY brings home the stuff you read and learn in the book. The first few things about the preparation and the rigging are confusing if, like me, you don't know what a 6-1 purchase is-- I STILL don't...only when I buy the boat will I learn about the rigging ogf it...although I do get SOME clew (get it?)..

But when you see all the actual footage of Robert Sheidt and others do all the upwind, downwind, reaching, gybing light to heavy wind stuff...WOW!!! that is cool. I had never seen a laser before so I am impressed. You should see the surfing in heavy waves...holy cow!! I want to do this right now!!!! I am 46 now....what the hell have I been doing????

The C.d. video is called LASERCOACH 2000 Interactive Training CD-ROM---yes, 2000, as is the book.. BOTH mention that a few actions by the sailors might not be legal today, but for the most part These 2 are a really good start, or a great thing to have for any level Laser sailor.

Any other recommendations for CD roms would be cool, as I plan to study this stuff a lot.

Thanks all

Ray

Back