Sunfish Shack Rehab

signal charlie

Staff member
I built a 16x24 cover for the boats last year but messed up the shingle roof, not enough slope, so all I did was create a mold and mud habitat. Took a few weeks this summer to rehab the area into Sunfish Shack 2.o. Removed old roof, added and raised metal roof, added a deck and ramp using mostly salvaged lumber from the old shack and some new 2x8x12 for the deck. Also had some lumber float in from the Bay :)

Attachments

• Sunfish Shack 3.jpg
    Sunfish Shack 3.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 79
  • Sunfish Shack rehab.jpg
    Sunfish Shack rehab.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Bay Lumber Company.jpg
    Bay Lumber Company.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 75
  • Sunfish Shack 2.jpg
    Sunfish Shack 2.jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 75
1) I like this forum's new layout. :)

2) Having witnessed the forces of Florida's Hurricane Andrew, :eek: I always mention the anchoring of anything that might "take flight"—which includes your nice new roof. :oops:

Charlie... that's a great shed. It gives me some ideas for my own new boatshed. (right now it's made out of blue tarps from Home Depot! yikes!) OR maybe I'll just park my boat in your shed. I see an empty spot there.

L&VW- I've got a plan for the next hurricane: hook up the Sunfish trailer to the truck, and head for Birmingham! I've fished more damaged boats out of the bay, dragged more hulls out of the piney woods, and pulled more pine trees out of Dog River than I care to remember. Next time, I'm outa here!

Then AFTER the storm, I'm sure I'll be out fishing damaged boats out of the bay, dragging hulls out of the piney woods, and pulling pine trees out of Dog River. Of course my house may be gone.... but my Sunfish will be intact! (that's the plan, anyway)

1) I like this forum's new layout. :)

2) Having witnessed the forces of Florida's Hurricane Andrew, :eek: I always mention the anchoring of anything that might "take flight"—which includes your nice new roof. :oops:

1. I like the new layout too.

2. Andrew was awful. I built the shed to be more wind resistant than the fence behind it, which belongs to someone else. Once that starts peeling apart, doesn't matter what my shed is doing... The boats will get tied down and ride it out as best possible.

Back